Saturday, May 7, 2016

My Class Reflection

          Throughout this past semester, within english 102, my perception on the world of literature has changed in a great fashion. Prior to attending the class, my view on literature and actively reading multiple pieces of writing constantly, or even in moderation, was bleak. I had the idea that, rather having to read works of notable presence in the world of literature, I would read the occasional piece of news in the headline of a reputable website. However, as the semester progressed, there were more opportunities displayed to read multiple poems, short stories, and even plays. As a result of reading the well-renowned writings within class or at home for homework, I feel that I have grown an extremely large interest in my avidity to read pieces of literature. Works of writing like "The Yellow Wallpaper," P.O.W, and A Streetcar Named Desire have all spawned an interest in pursuing the life of a reader of great works in my mind. In addition, I feel that I have grown and eagerness to continue writing.
          This semester has brought me multiple chances to spread my wings as a writer, in more ways than one. Actions involving being able to have the chance to display published writings based on a prompt in class has really given me insight on how I have grown and can grow to be a well established writer. My advocacy for writing has skyrocketed due to this semester in english being so intertwined with having to write, whether it be for homework, published works, or papers. I feel that having students being so enveloped in their writing is a rare sight. However, I feel that I myself have become incessantly involved in writing due to the course, as well as other students, I assume. Furthermore, my opinion of class has only been more positively influenced by the act of consistently speaking in front of the group when addressing topics related to the group conversation.
          I feel that having multiple individuals being able to display their opinion on a well established platform, such as a class discussion, is tremendously beneficial to almost everyone involved. Displaying opportunities such as fishbowls or analysis panels in the scholastic setting is, in my opinion, a great way for everyone to be involved in a group discussion. I thoroughly enjoyed this semester in english 102. The homeworks and discussions that I had participated in have given me a tremendously new perception towards the subject of english class, and life as a whole. In the near and distant future, I can see the things that I have absorbed from this class being crucial in both mental and social situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment